Welcome to our blog featuring recipes, tips and more! We hope you enjoy this delicious pork recipe with family & friends.
Crock Pot Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- 4 McKinney Meats thick boneless pork chops
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter or dairy free margarine
- 2 Cups Sliced and peeled tart apples like Granny Smith
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Pecan
1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chop with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side just to brown the pork chop.
2. Place pork chops in crock pot.
3. In the same skillet add butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until combined.
4. Add apples to the skillet and just stir to coat.
5. Dump apple mixture over pork chops cover.
6. Cook on high heat for 2-3 hours or low for 6 -7 hours.
7. You may wish to add more sauce. If so, you can make it with more brown sugar and butter in the skillet.
8. Serve with sauce and top with chopped pecans if desired Dairy Free
9. Make sure you use dairy free margarine in place of the butter.
About McKinney Meats
McKinney Meats is your local butcher and deli based in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Visit us for all types of beef, pork, chicken, seafood, deli meat, deli cheese, soups, salads and more!